Donate to Gadgets Express

Thursday 1 January 2009

BitDefender Anti-Virus 2009 Reviewed

I was searching around on Google for some Anti-Virus program recommendations, when i read on TopTenReviews.com, that BitDefender was amazing, rated 5/5 and even cost less then most of the competition. So I thought I might as well give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?

Well, the worst that could happen was that my PC was overloaded with Trojans and various other types of malware within a few days of installing it, and to add to that, the virus scan was so slow that i had to leave my computer on for 3 days just for it to complete and tell me that my system was clean. Just to make sure, I uninstalled BitDefender and installed AVG Pro 8.0, with quite a lot of trouble since BitDefender decided to change the permissions in the registry, and did a full system scan. You wont be surprised to hear, it found about 50 viruses and was finished within 4 hours.

I rate BitDefender Anti-Virus 2009: 1/5.

Disclaimer

The owner(s) of Gadgets Express take no responsibility for the downloading of content from this website. None of the files dispayed are hosted on, uploaded by or in any way connected to Gadgets Express. It is expected that all users downloading from the links provided have already purchased (if applicable) and own the content in question. The administrator of this site cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users.